DISCLAIMER: These Rules and Codes are subject to change at any time by the Guild's GM or its Officers. Any changes made will generally be minor, but any major changes must be, and will be thoroughly announced beforehand.
Listed below is the Guilds Rules & Code of Conduct. Every member, including myself and our officers are expected to adhere to this code if they wish to consider themselves a member of the Agents of Suramar. I personally would like to point out, that these rules and codes are not any way in place to hinder, or restrict our member’s freedoms, but to simply allow us to create an environment where anyone can feel safe, and at home. I believe that you cannot throw a set of rules onto something, and expect everything to work out perfectly, in most situations we are unable to control what people can or cannot do. But by creating a Code of Conduct as we have we can effectively let members know what behaviors will or will not be tolerated, and it allows us to state loud and clear who we are as a Guild. These Rules alone will not sustain the atmosphere we wish to create, but with everyone’s help, and the efforts put forth by myself, and our Officers, we can continue to grow our family of Agents, and have an amazing time doing so.
- Director Harleena
Code of Conduct
• The Golden Rule in this guild is to be Friendly & Respectful. Regardless of the situation, members are to remain respectful to others both in, and outside of the Guild. This means handling conflicts like Adults, with little to no conflict if possible, and no trash talking others in chats. As well, this means to respect others cultures, ethnicities, beliefs, sexualities, or gender.
• Harassment Policy - The Agents of Suramar has a Zero tolerance policy towards harassment. Any member reported, or caught harassing anyone, inside or outside of the Guild, will be subject to a GKick. This also includes anyone reported or caught threatening, or being abusive towards other players.
• Offensive Language - We have no issues with swearing in guild chat or during events, however, we will not allow personally offensive slander, racial slurs, or anything considered to be a derogatory statement, especially towards another member, or Role-player.
• Guild Chat - Coinciding with our rule on offensive language, members are also expected to maintain a healthy, fun Guild chat. This includes keeping any conversations on politics, religion, or anything considered “taboo”, outside of the chat. We do not wish to restrict people’s opinions, or freedom of speech, but we are here to Roleplay, and play World of Warcraft, and wish to keep the vibes in Guild chat going in the same direction. We also restrict any bad mouthing of other players, or Guilds in our Guild chat. We are all members of the WoW-RP community, and in that, our Golden Rule of respect extends out to everyone.
• Discord- We ask that our Agents download, and keep up to date with our Guild Discord. Information such as this code of conduct, storylines, announcements, Agent Academy info, and other important details will be provided via Discord. While in Discord we ask that you keep to the code of conduct, no spamming, no outside invites without Officer Approval first, and be sure that your Nickname reflects your character’s name in –game.
• Guild Representation - While you wear the <Agents of Suramar> Guild Tag, you represent us, so do your best to represent us in the best light possible. This stands for both IC, and OOC behaviors. We will not tolerate members disrupting others RP, engaging in immature trade chat conversations, or trolling in any form. An Agent of Suramar (ICly) is generally not a person who would rob another player, or treat them unfairly. While we are participating in community or server wide events with other Guilds, members are expected to treat others as explained in other sections of our Code of Conduct. Such offenses can subject an Agent to a possible GKick.
• Constructive Feedback - The Officers, and GM are always open to suggestions, whether it be in regards to content, events, structure, or anything involving guild business. Any form of feedback should be taken to an Officer or GM directly, it is asked however that this feedback, is not in the form of a complaint, Feedback is best accompanied by alternative suggestions, and done so in a friendly manner.
• Trade Chat - We understand that Trade Chat, or "Barrens Chat", is often used for server wide…ermm, let’s call them, ”discussions”. However, these ”discussions” often get out of hand, and often invites trolls, and other unwelcome sorts. We ask that our members do not engage in any conflicts in these sort of chats, as well, that members always take the High ground when it comes to trash talkers, or others simply looking to start drama. Any members caught stirring the pot, or engaging in any unwelcomed behavior within Trade Chat, will receive a warning, or be subject to a possible GKick, depending on the offense. Once again, while you wear the <Agents of Suramar> Guild Tag, you represent us, so do your best to represent us in the best light possible.
• God-Modding, or Meta Gaming - We do not accept characters or players who are considered to be God-Modders, or Meta gamers. Such actions will not be tolerated, and anyone considered to be either God-Modding or Metagaming may be subject to a possible GKick. Of course in certain cases, such as storylines, or events, Metagaming or God-Modding is used to progress the storyline, or used for dramatic effect. These situations are generally planned ahead of time, and are done with the consent of the players involved.
For those who need clarification:
”Metagaming” is any strategy, action or method used in a game which transcends a prescribed ruleset, uses external factors to affect the game, or goes beyond the supposed limits or environment set by the game. Another definition refers to the game universe outside of the game itself.
"God Modding" is in essence when someone’s character has the ability to do practically anything without limits or boundaries. An example is when they simply cannot be harmed by any and all means other RP-ers try.
• Drama - We do not tolerate any form of Drama. We understand that some drama cannot be avoided, and that it isn’t always possible for everyone to get along. This is when The Golden Rule comes into play once more. Any members in conflict must handle it like Adults, and outside of Guild chat, or events. If you dislike someone, it is as simple as not engaging with that person. In any scenario, it is 1000% acceptable to come to an Officer, or the GM for help with the issue. It is also worth noting, that if a member has an issue with how something is being done, whether its events, storyline, or overall guild structure, that they bring the concerns to an Officer or the GM in a professional, and considerate manner. We are always open to suggestions, but will not tolerate people who complain, whine, or simply feel they can do the job better.
• Activity - It is completely understood that real life comes before World of Warcraft. We do however expect a decent level of activity from all of our members. Upon being inactive for 2 Months, a member may be subject to a GKick. If you are expecting to quit playing for an extended period of time, please notify an Officer or the GM, as to possibly avoid being kicked after this period of time has passed. We also ask that our members remain active ICly, this includes attending, and participating in Guild events when online. We also understand that it is not always possible for members to attend events, but we do expect members to participate in events when online, and to make an effort to keep up with the Guild. If there are any Real life restraints that prevent you from being very active, please talk with an Officer or the GM, we are always willing to reasonably accommodate our Agents.
• Applications & The OOC Status - Members are required to fill out the Application on our website, and have an IC interview with either the GM or one of the officers. We sometimes will invite players at an OOC status, for a number of reasons. Mostly so people can get to know each other as soon as possible, and so applicants can get a taste of what it means to be an Agent of Suramar. However, players who remain in an OOC status for over 2 Weeks, will be subject to a GKick. We of course will attempt to reach out to you in order to push the application process along, but since we are looking for a "Quality over Quantity" mentality, we will do what is necessary to maintain a high quality RP environment.
• Attitudes (OOC)- To put it simply, we do not accept *arrogant, pushy, rude, or snarky* attitudes from our members. We are not asking for members to be cheery, or happy-go-lucky, but that you simply once again apply The Golden Rule when it comes to your behavior. We all get in bad moods, get short with people, or simply run out of patience. But there is never an excuse for lashing out, getting nasty, or being unreasonable. As an added note on member Attitudes, if you are unhappy with the way something is done within the Guild, refer to our Code of Conduct on "Constructive Feedback".